Thursday, February 3, 2011

Aubrey is 2 months today!!!

I can't believe this precious little miracle is 2 months old already - the time has really flown!

I am just now updating my blog because I am just now getting out from under the crazed, hormonal, sleep deprived curse that comes with all the joys of bringing a new baby into the world and into your home.

Aubrey made her debut on December 9, 2010 and weighed in at 7lbs. 9.9oz & 20 inches.
We brought her home after 2 days and Evan has been madly in love with her since he laid eyes on her. He calls her "MY BABY" and "LITTLE PRINCESS"! She instantly stops crying or fussing when he lays beside her and talks and sings to her - So cute!

She's just now figuring out night from day and is finally sleeping when the rest of us sleep, for the most part, giving us a little rest at night - 6 hours straight - WOO-HOO!!!

Nursing is going well, after getting through a terrible case of mastitis - a pretty painful thing to experience, not to mention the crazy 104 degree fever - but antibiotics and crazily enough, cold cabbage leaves took care of that.

Aubrey's first nickname, given by Chuck, was Elvira-mistress of the night. Sure, she looked sweet during the day, but secretly she was plotting her 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. attack. After 4 weeks of nightly unconsolable crying ( 3-4 hours a night to be exact)  from this sweet little thing, I finally got with the program and realized that she had Colic. After researching about it a little I purchased a magical potion that would change life as we knew it, thank the Good Lord & Hallelujah!!!

GRIPE WATER should be handed out to every new mother as she departs the hospital !!! Kinda like a gift with purchase thing. Originally created to help with malaria symptoms in the 1800's this herbal remedy is magically effective at easing colic pain. 1/2 a teaspoon and the crying stops within minutes.
Evan didn't have Colic so I knew nothing about this stuff - thank god for google and the internet. Baby and parents are sooooo much happier now the witching hours are over. A bottle of this stuff is truly invaluable; also helps with teething and hiccups. They say in Europe it's a standard gift at baby showers, yet nobody I know mentioned it...amazing. I plan to purchase a bottle for every new mom I know from here on out.
You can get it at Walgreen's or the more highly reviewed, organic, all natural brands on-line for around $7 a bottle. Yay for us!!!

She is a super happy baby and smiles all the time. She LOVES to"talk". She opens her mouth, looks right at you and coos and gurgles and makes all kinds of noise just talking up a storm in her own little baby language.
I wonder where she got that gene?

I can't believe that Evan will turn four next month. We are planning a double birthday party with his cute little friend Zell who will also be turning four. He chose to have a John Deere Tractor themed birthday party.  He is still loving preschool and has quite a little group of friends that we hang out with...helps that their mom's are super cool and are my friends as well - makes play dates way more fun.

I can't say enough wonderful things about my family, friends & neighbors. Between the grandparents cooking, cleaning & babysitting and friends and neighbors bringing over dinner for us, they have significantly lightened our load in an exhausting time...so thankful to all of them!

That's about all I can think of with this update. Hopefully I will post again before 2 months passes :-)

I really feel lucky every day to be living the life I'm living right now...couldn't be better!

I appreciate all that I've been given...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments